Give yourself a pat on the back if you’re taking a leap of courage to improve your situation and your health at the start of 2015. Whether it’s a detox or a new training programme, doing an action will always reap more results than just thinking about it.
I love new starts! It’s always good to clear out cobwebs and review the direction we’ve come from. We are designed to make progress via figuring out where things go wrong!
Yes, we can all get caught out, and our cynicism needs an overhaul every now and then. We need to grow our knowledge, and perhaps our compassion, catch up with new data, awaken ourselves to social change, and not solely rely on past opinions and potential miseducation.
And we also need to respect the life choices of others, and hold back on our judgements. Otherwise we risk damaging the progress that others desperately wish to make.
As Zoe Hodge points out in an article from the ‘Clean and Lean 30 Day Detox’ group page on facebook:
“I would strongly also recommend reading “the Beck Diet solution” for anyone struggling with the mental side of a detox or diet. I’m a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist when I’m not a new independent consultant, and this is a really useful book for dealing with the psychological battles you may face. It’s not based on any actual eating plan, just the mental side of dealing with one.”
And as for the daily nutrition advice on the Clean and Lean group page, you’re in the safest hands with nutritionist and professional dancer Sarah-May Stubbins! She always leads with true intentions and a passion for helping you become the incredible person you want to be. Just taking the first step is what’s needed.
If you want to have that help and advice and also remain independent to do your own thing but know the support is there, please get in touch. Remember 2015 is my year of giving, and what better to give than sharing what’s woncerful for you.
I’m glad my information comes from sources who know their stuff and have such big hearts!
Love the skin you’re in (and take care of it).
You can do this!
I’ve officially only been a runner since the 1st January 2004, before that I hated running, I understood it, but my body was too big. I thought.
That first day, I ran for about ten minutes, my body couldn’t physically do anymore.
But I went back out the next day, and the next, and sure enough after just four months, I was looking like a runner, and feeling like a runner.
In the past eleven years, I’ve trained to cover distances I never believed my body could withstand, and on terrains I’d have happily been carried over at one point in time.
But it hasn’t always been a continuous improvement. It wasn’t until after my third child was born that my triathlon improved…indeed, he was barely two months old when I got back on the racing circuit, breastfeeding before the starter whistle. A race to get back before the next feed.
Eighteen months later and it’s a stomach operation that has put me out for about three months. I came back with PBs in every single event; 5k, 10k, half-marathon and Cyclo-Sportives, half-ironman, and most importantly for me, my first marathon distance – Snowdonia no less.
More recently I was hit with depression, rotator cuff and hockey injuries over the space of fourteen months, and yet I came back to run the Snowdonia Sevens (22 miles seven mountains) with just 4 weeks back running and a handful of training up and down Snowdon.
4 weeks back running after more than six months off with ACL injury? Absolutely.
Once you get to the point where sport becomes a greater struggle than the merits and thrill it produces, it’s time to take some time out. And probably for your benefit.
I didn’t just leave sport behind though. Whenever I’ve taken time out, I’ve looked long and hard at my nutrition. Exercise is only 20% of what we look like. The rest of it is in what we absorb through what we eat and what we put on our bodies, how we treat ourselves in our mind, and how well we sleep and repair. So it’s no wonder I can get back out there fast. I look after the other 80% of me with a 100% attitude.
2015, I’ve got this. I’m quite happy to indulge in my family’s baking today (you would too, believe me), and even for the rest of this week.
But come Monday 5th Jan 2015, I’m back in the game.
Training, detoxing, refuelling, focusing, planning, actually going for it.
My first 30 days will be with the help of the only sports nutrition range I can now fully support, Arbonne’s “30 Days to Healthy Living and Beyond”. Not just a sports range, it’s also a huge part of my daily diet, so no fad, no gimmick, no waste products thank you.
Daily healthy living, that’s how good habits are created. I’m giving that 80% of me more of that 100% attitude.